Happy International Waffle Day! (March 25)
It’s International Waffle Day, and what better way to celebrate than with a plate of these flavorful, crispy waffles inspired by traditional Chinese cong you bing (scallion pancakes). The mouthwatering aroma of the scallions, soy sauce, and sesame oil will fill every corner of your house and is sure to happily wake up any sleepers still in bed. To help you start the day off right, we’ve used our coffee blend, Boost, so you can get the sustained energy you need to power through the morning! Not only does our synergy coffee blend give you nourishment, but it also brings out the savory flavors of the other ingredients, creating a perfectly tasty combination.
We can’t wait for you to try these waffles, and when you do, make sure to share your creations with us by tagging us on social media at:Print
Mini Chinese-Style Scallion Waffles, feat. Karuna’s Boost
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time : 5 min
Total Time: 10 min
Yield: 16 mini or 4 regular waffles
- 1 cup KARUNA’S BOOST
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 flax egg
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 stalks scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- chopped scallions for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat waffle iron on high.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk in KARUNA’S BOOST, flax egg, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Fold in scallions, garlic, and sesame seeds.
- Cook your waffle. Measurements and times vary depending on your waffle iron.
- Top with fresh scallions and sesame seeds to enjoy!
To make a flax egg, combine 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp of water. Leave to sit for at least 15 minutes to thicken.