Welcome to 2019! Start the new year off right with this healthy low carb, vegan and keto Mango Glazed Jackfruit recipe! Using our delicious Mango and Gogi Berry Whole Plant Tonic Drink!
What is Jackfruit?
It’s that time of the year again and here at Karuna we want to make sure your 2019 goals are a success. We are starting the year off with this simple and easy jackfruit recipe. Jackfruit is very popular in the plant based community for it’s meaty texture. It is a species of tree in the breadfruit, fig, and mulberry family and it originated in southwest India. It absorbs flavors really well and it’s usually featured as a substitute for pulled pork or in vegan tacos. But those dishes while delicious, are usually very high in carbohydrates. This Mango Glazed Jackfruit recipe is a different twist on how to use this wonderful fruit.
Karuna’s Star Ingredient
Karuna’s Whole Plant Tonic Mango and Goji Berry drink is the star of this recipe. Naturally low in carbohydrates (only 10 grams per serving) because it is sweetened with natural sugars like monkfruit and red dates. Our Whole Plant Tonic is a natural source of Vitamin A and great for healthy skin, healthy hair, and perfect to drink after a detox for energy. Our drink is also naturally low in calories (only 45 calories per serving!) so it makes a great weight loss aid!
How to Make this Vegan Keto Dish – Recipe Video (1 min)
To keep this vegan recipe low carb all the way around, serve it with cauliflower rice or your favorite non starchy vegetable. We know this dish will help assist you on your New Year diet goals! Enjoy!Print
Mango Glazed JackFruit (Vegan, Low Carb, Keto)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Course: Dinner, Lunch
Cuisine: Vegan, Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
- 2 cans of jackfruit in brine or water (NOT IN SYRUP)
- 1/2 cup of Karuna’s Whole Plant Tonic Mango and Goji Berry Beverage
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 4 teaspoons of monk fruit sugar
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 3– 4 tablespoons of vegan butter
- Open your cans of jackfruit and drain of the excess liquid. Set aside.
- Grab a small size bowl and begin to assemble your glazed sauce ingredients. Add Karuna’s Whole Plant Tonic Mango and Goji Berry Beverage, garlic powder, ginger powder, coconut aminos, monkfruit sugar, apple cider vinegar, and arrowroot powder and mix together well until fully combined. Taste mixture and adjust flavor to your liking. (NOTE: Keep in mind adding more monk fruit sugar will increase carbohydrates)
- Next grab a large pan and heat up your vegan butter on medium high until it melts. Once butter has melted turn down heat and slowly add your glaze mixture. Stir constantly until sauces starts to thickens and bubbles. It will thicken fast within 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once it starts to bubbles and thickens add your jackfruit. Cover evenly as possible with the sauce and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes uncovered. In the last few minutes of cooking you may garnish with green onions and/or white/black sesame seeds. Remove from heat and serve with bok choy, cauliflower rice or your favorite vegetable. If you are not low carb you may serve with rice.