Happy National Banana Bread Day! (February 23)
We wanted to take your banana bread game to a whole new level, so let us introduce you to these scrumptious miso banana bread squares! We are truly OBSESSED with these, and we know you will love them as much as we do! The aromatic umami miso is the perfect complement to the delectable banana and cinnamon. The flavors are brought out even more with our naturally sweetened whole plant smoothie, Empower! Our special mixture is packed with prebiotic fiber and protein, providing you satisfying nourishment. Enjoy these beautifully baked squares and make sure to share your photos with us by tagging @mykaruna and #MyKarvivaRecipes on social media!
RECIPE - Miso Banana Bread Squares, featuring Karviva's Empower
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup KARUNA’S EMPOWER
- 2 bananas, overly ripened
- ½ cup granulated sugar or monk fruit sugar
- ¼ cup miso
- 2 large eggs
- avocado oil for coating the baking tray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 12x8 baking tray with avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a separate large bowl, mash the bananas and then mix in KARUNA’S EMPOWER, sugar, miso, and eggs. Whisk the dry mixture into the wet mixture until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the baking tray and then bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. Flip tray upside down onto a cooling rack to remove. Allow to cool.
- Cut into twelve 2.5x2.5” squares (you will have some edges remaining). Enjoy!