St. Louis, Mo. (Oct. 28, 2021) — Shoppers seeking sustainably-produced, healthier beverage options have something to celebrate: Karviva’s plant-based prebiotic and antioxidant drinks are now available at nearly 100 Giant Eagle and Market District locations, which currently operate stores in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana and Maryland.
Inspired by the ancient wisdom of Eastern Medicine and backed by modern science, Karviva’s delicious wellness beverages deliver health-promoting benefits meant to aid digestive health, enhance immunity and provide sustained energy.
“Karviva was founded on a desire to guide people on a path to wellness,” says Angela Zeng, PhD, Karviva creator. “One small step in that path is choosing foods and beverages with scientifically proven functional ingredients. We carefully select, source and blend whole-plant ingredients to create superfood drinks that are low in calories, contain no added fillers, sugar or preservatives and are minimally processed in a socially-responsible manner.”
Three superfood whole plant premium smoothies are available at Giant Eagle and Market District stores as well as online including:
- Pro-Fit showcases Karviva’s innovative craftsmanship via a rich blend of cacao, chestnut and pear, carefully combined with oats and flaxseed for natural fiber to promote healthy digestion.
- Empower contains banana and cinnamon, along with black soybean, quinoa and flaxseed for a luscious beverage that is an excellent source of fiber, manganese and magnesium.
- Silky Oat is a delicious concoction of oat, mango and banana containing all the essential amino acids and six times the natural protein content of almond milk. One 12oz bottle is only 100 calories and contains no added sugar.
Karviva directly translates to compassion in Buddhism, and out of respect for mind, body and earth, that means making health and wellness more sustainable, accessible and convenient:
- Each Karviva drink is sustainably produced in their facility in St. Louis with thoughtfully sourced efficacious, Non-GMO and organic ingredients;
- Single serving portable bottles are ideal in today’s fast-paced world. Karviva drinks are packaged in lightweight, easy to carry and BPA free, recyclable plastic for ease and convenience;
- Karviva uses real whole fruits, with all edible parts included to maximize the prebiotics, antioxidants and anti-microbial compounds that naturally exist in the fruit skins, therefore minimizing food waste.
- Karviva is committed to freshness, transparency and using clean ingredients; their eye-catching label features mouthwatering whole fruits and plants so Karviva consumers can feel confident they are enjoying premium functional ingredients in every sip.
Karviva products launched in early 2017, earning strong praise from the industry and customers alike and quickly gaining notice through a variety of accolades within the food and beverage industry. To date, Karviva has been recognized by the 2018 World Beverage Innovation Awards Best Juices, 2020 World Plant Based Products Awards Best Functional Products, New Hope 2020 ExpoWest NEXTY Finalist and most recently, the 2021 Mindful Awards for Juice Product of the Year.
Based in St. Louis, Missouri, Karviva is an award-winning innovator in developing great tasting functional juices and smoothies using whole plant ingredients. Formulated from a belief that Food Is Better Medicine™, each unique beverage is inspired by ancient wisdom and backed by modern science. Karviva wellness beverages offer a vast array of product benefits ranging from restoration of digestive and immune health with prebiotics and antioxidants to delivering clean protein and providing sustained energy. Please visit Karviva Prebiotic Superfood Beverages (myKarviva.com) for more information.