Overnight Oats (Two Recipes) with Karuna Wellness Drinks
Overnight oats are an easy, nutritious, and delicious breakfast. You can easily customize them with your choice of liquid/base ingredients and mix-ins, and toppings. If you are looking for an easy back-to-school breakfast or just need something quick in the morning/afternoon snack, I’d like to introduce you to Karuna Drinks, true plant based alternative beverages where each ingredient is intentionally chosen for their functional benefits. You can read more about Karuna and it’s philosophy here.
Karuna has an ever-growing line of beverages focusing on different areas of health and wellness and meant to rejuvinate, aid digestive health, enhance immunity and provide sustained energy. The founder of Karuna, Angela Zeng, PHD, MBA, Doctor of Pathology is really passionate about finding a balance between ancient far east remedies with modern nutrition backed by medical science, which I really appreciate. One of the things I really liked about these smoothies is the addition of key ingredients such as sesame seeds, turmeric, quinoa, flax seeds, ginseng, cacao which provide many health benefits.
You can drink Karuna beverages on their own but when it comes to breakfast, I prefer something more filling like overnight oats. It’s a no-cook recipe and requires only a couple of ingredients and very basic supplies:
- Oats: old-fashioned or rolled oats. Look for certified gluten-free if you need to. If using quick cooking oats, the texture gets really mushy so I’d recommend letting them sit for 30-45 minutes only.
- Liquid: milk of your choice, water, or even better Karuna smoothies as it has the base ingredients + other nutrients in the form of prebiotics, berries, ginger, flax meal to name a few.
- Mix-ins and toppings: chopped nuts, seeds, fruits can be added for texture and flavors.
You can simply mix everything in a mason jar or a container of your choice with a lid. I like the ratio of 1:1 for oats and liquid but feel free to play around and find the consistency you enjoy. If the mixture feels a little dry the next day, add a little bit of liquid to loosen things up.
For 2-3 servings
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup Karuna Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie (cacao, chestnut, and pear smoothie)
Handful of walnuts (or other nuts of your choice)
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats with Karuna Pro-Fit Whole Plant Smoothie (cacao, chestnut, and pear smoothie) and mix well. Cover it and let it sit for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Serve it chilled with chopped walnuts (or other nuts of your choice).
For 2-3 servings
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/ 4 cup chia seeds
1 cup Karuna Whole Plant Silky-Oat Smoothie (oat, mango banana smoothie)
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats and chia together with Karuna Silky-Oat Whole Plant Smoothie (oat, mango banana smoothie) and mix well. Cover it and let it sit for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Serve it chilled with chopped mango.