Show your father some love this Father’s Day with these delicious coffee BBQ chicken drumsticks! The tender meat has a smoky aroma and a tangy undertone that takes this barbecue classic to a whole new level! You might need to make an extra batch so you can enjoy some too because he’ll love these so much that they’ll be gone in seconds! Made with Karuna’s Boost Synergy Coffee Blend.
Coffee BBQ Chicken Drumsticks with Boost Synergy Coffee Blend
Prep Time: 6 hours
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 6 hours 45 min
Yield: 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 large drumsticks
- 1 cup KARUNA’S BOOST
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mustard
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- ¼ tbsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tbsp paprika powder
BBQ Sauce Preparation
- In a small saucepan, add in all of the ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- On the stove, bring the sauce to a simmer, and stirring occasionally, let it simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- Once thickened, take it off the stove and store it in an air-tight container. You can store it up to seven days refrigerated.
- Marinate Chicken: In a large pot, add in the drumsticks and cover with the barbecue sauce, saving ½ cup for later. Turn to ensure coverage. Cover the pot and place in the fridge to marinate overnight or for at least 6 hours. If your container doesn’t allow the drumsticks to be fully covered, turn over the drumsticks halfway through.
- Once marinated, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on an oiled baking sheet and spoon on the marinating barbecue sauce from the pot.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the inside reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove and brush on the extra barbecue sauce that you saved from earlier.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!